1. Early this month a first meeting was held with residents and business owners to discuss ways to improve SPCD from which a strategy has emerged to guide further action. This strategy is to turn South Palm Canyon Drive into a place people come TO rather than drive THROUGH. One way to do this is to hold events in the area which will attract people to it, making use of empty lots and buildings. More on this to follow soon.
2. The red curbing southbound, south of Morongo has been removed. You can now park on the street outside the Hacienda Cantina. This helps improve the sense that SPCD is a place to come TO rather than drive THROUGH and slows traffic.
3. We've established that decorative street-lighting could be installed along SPCD all the way from the curve where El Mirasol is located to Mesquite on both sides of the street for no more than $300,000.
4. The derelict gas filling station at 1100 S. Palm Canyon Drive has been re-secured, repainted and repaired. Read the prospects for this property on the website.
5. Graffiti on the pedestrian bridge over Tahquitz Creek has been removed.