We reprint below both the questions and the reply and for ease of reference provide some links to the materials referred to.
Barbara Beaty's questions:
"October 24, 2015
Dear Ginny Foat
I appreciate you being a member of this page. As we come closer to November 3rd more and more questions are surfacing about your position on certain issues. I know you desire to run an open, honest and transparent campaign. In light of that quest would you be able to take a few minutes to answer these questions?
I am also attaching an article the Desert Sun wrote about you recently so that folks may have a full understanding of your many accomplishments. And if there is anything in this article you would like to clarify please feel free to enlighten us.
1. Do you support the letter that Aftab Dadda and Christine Hammond wrote to the Desert Sun last week?
2. If you do support this letter can you kindly give us factual evidence as both Christine and Aftab neglected to do so and as you know all the Measure J commission meetings were video tapped. Plus eye witnesses( both on and off of camera) in a court of law would testify to the contrary We understand that Christine and Aftab are supporters of your campaign. Can you verify that for us?
3. If you don't support this sort of behavior will you be so kind to spear head the efforts to have them removed from the commission? As I am sure the city would not want this to be the model for other city commissioners.
4. Why did you give yourself a $5,000 loan to start your campaign when you had $33,000 of unpaid property taxes? I understand these taxes have been unpaid for 3 years I understand you own 675 North Palm Canyon with assessed value of $627,212.00 in 2014. Possibly you could leverage this property to pay your taxes
5. What kind of message do you think this sends to your constituents who pay your monthly stipend with their property taxes?
6. Why are you the only candidate that is delinquent in filing the political fundraising report? It appears you have something to hide and I am sure that is not the case?
7. Why were you the ONLY mayoral candidate that did not attend the North Palm Springs Candidate Forum sponsored by the Inland Congregations United for Change at the New Bethel Church. This forum is made up of predominantly Latinos and Afro Americans and would reflect your desire to provide Human Rights for all.
8. Why did you decline to answer the South Palm Springs Questionnaire?
9. How were you able to re-zone your current residence on North Palm Canyon from commercial to residential in less than 30 days?
Others in this group may have additional questions and I welcome them to add their questions to this list. I also welcome your campaign supporters to give us clarity on any of the positions outlines above
Thank you again!"
Cllr. Foat's reply:
"There is no point in my answering any of these questions other than to say that I faithfully live by the Four Agreements. Question #9 however is a puzzlement since anyone who has any knowledge of the area that my building sits in would know that it has always been zoned mixed use. If it was changed that is a surprize to me. So now Barbara shall we discuss why you had to have a lein put on your property because you didn't pay your garbagre bill."
Barbara Beaty reported later that she had spent some hours researching the lien purported to have been placed on her property and had found that none such exists.